Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cub Scout Cake Bake disaster !
Ok ladies I'm sure you can relate-Saturday was the 79th b-day celebration for the Cub-Scouts & thus the big birthday party was held Sat. evening. Now part of the celebration was a annual "Cake-Bake"-now let me remind you this is T's first year as a cub-scout so mom is still learning the ropes. The "Cake-Bake" rules state that each scout shall bake a cake for a cake auction-the den mothers stressed how important it was that the scout do the baking with minimal assistance from mom-as a law-abiding citizen I followed the rules & T made a wonderfully tasting-kinda ugly "Dump-Cake" (see recipe below). We chose the dump-cake as it literally requires no mixing & only dumping (hit the easy button!) I truly imagined that this creation would reel in a substantial donation at the auction-however to my embarrassment when we arrived to the party I realized that we were surrounded by rule breaking den mother's who must be professional bakers on the side ;) they were wheeling in cakes that could be on the cover of Martha's magazine-one even had a working gold mine No Joke! It sold for $50 bucks!-T's cake: ugly but TASTY reeled in a whooping $5.00 from a anonymous donor (I'm guessing it was daddy) as I noticed our poor lonely cake sitting on the auction table all night-it's probably still there-so if your hungry for a tasty dump cake head on over to the Methodist Church in Yucaipa. I would go now as I imagine the chaos will begin as soon as I post this here post-lol
Recipe:
Dump Cake:
1 large can crushed pineapple-1 can of cherry pie filling-1 box of yellow cake mix-2 sticks of butter sliced-nuts
dump pineapple into bottom of pan-dollop cherry mixture by the teaspoon on top of pineapple-sprinkle entire box of cake mix on top-place slices of butter on top of cake mix-sprinkle with nuts & bake at 350 four 1 hour-then scoop & enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny!! You'll show them next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH girl! I have so been there! Well, I like you idea and I am going to have the twins make it soon!

    ReplyDelete