Friday, April 10, 2009

The World's Greatest Easter Bunny


We spent our Spring Break in Maui. We had an amazing time which I will tell about in detail in a later post. The purpose of this post is to say THANK-YOU DAD!! What an amazing Easter Egg! Let me explain-every since I can recall the Easter bunny(Dad) hides Easter eggs for Shell & I. When we were younger they were filled with chocolates and jellies and hidden in fairly obvious locations throughout the house-in our teenage years they were stuffed with moola and were not as obvious-when we became adults(along with our better halves) they were filled with trivia clues that are not at all obvious and are quite mind challenging-but always worth the prize. The Easter Bunny spends countless hours designing the egg hunts and loves every minute from preparation to hunting time. One year he even designed a "fear-factor" egg hunt & the participators were required to indulge in some mystery food (pigs feet & sardines) yummy! The only exception to Easter 2008 was the amazing prize! Each participant was given a egg filled with a description of an adventure of sorts-ie. Blaine's egg described a weekend getaway to Big Bear, Mom's egg suggested a dinner to Ruth-Chris Steakhouse, Shell's egg detailed a weekend in Palm Desert...but best of all my egg outlined a vacation in paradise-Maui baby!!!! However there was a twist to the hunt:

Twist: You must convince the other's that your egg is filled with the best prize without giving any information about your prize-then as a group we had to vote on which egg to choose. Now remember nobody knows what the other's egg prize is, so you aren't really sure what prize is the best..I had a pretty good idea that my prize was the topper-so I did my best to sell it to the family-I really wanted the group to choose my egg-in fact I wagered my paycheck as a guarantee to the other's that they would not be disappointed by my egg(all along praying somebody didn't have a egg filled with something better-) (then again what could be better than all expense paid trip in paradise with the one's you love)-wisely the other participants (Mom-Shell-Chad-Blaine) choose my egg and they lived happily ever after :)


I'm truly blessed to have such a awesome Dad-he has always worked so hard to not just provide for his family-but to have fun with us too!!! I'm sure times were not always easy but he would go to the ends of the earth for his girls (Mom-Shell& I.) I truly admire my Dad. He is such a humorous, brave, loving, kind, and humble character whom I am truly grateful for. Thank-you dad for your sacrifices-Thank-you for a awesome vacation!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow Girlie...what a special way to say thanx to
    pops...i know he loved reading this but ya know
    him he is a man of few words so i just wanted to say i know it meant the world to him just to be acknowledge for all he does for all of us...he is and always has been #1 in my book too......

    ReplyDelete